From an emergency management and resilience perspective, the forum focuses on what can we learn from recent events, and what challenges and changes are required to successfully create resilience. A program is attached.
The forum will explore the following:
- What are the salient lessons to be learnt?
- Are these events foreseeable?
- Will these events continue to grow in magnitude?
- How can the strain on social and health services be reduced?
- What role does business and infrastructure play in creating resilience?
- What is the role of government and emergency services?
Confirmed speakers at the forum include:
- Mark Crosweller, Director General, Emergency Management Australia
- Leanne Adams, Manager Policy and Projects, South Australian SES
- Sam Chard, Assistant Secretary, Critical Infrastructure and Protective Security Policy, Attorney-General's Department
- Malcolm Jackman, Chief Executive, South Australia Fire and Emergency Services Commission
- Beck Dawson, Chief Resilience Officer, Sydney City Council.
- John Blackburn AO, Defence and National Security Systems Consultant
- Michael Arman, Resilience Coordinator, Emergency Services, Australian Red Cross
Who should attend:
- The forum will be relevant to professionals at all levels, from volunteers to senior leadership, experienced emergency managers and organisational risk managers.
- This event will be of interest to those associated with:
- Emergency service agencies
- Transmission and distribution network service providers and operators
- Government departments and energy regulators
- Consultancies and contractors
Further details and registrations can be found at:
AIDR is a disaster resilience knowledge centre. We coordinate and promote the development, sharing and use of information for anyone working with, in, or affected by, disaster. Building on extensive knowledge and experience in Australia and internationally, we work with government, community, research, education partners and the private sector to enhance disaster resilience through innovative thought leadership, professional development and knowledge sharing.
AIDR is supported by its founding partners, the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department, Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council (AFAC), Australian Red Cross and the Bushfire and Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre.
For more information contact:
Dr Marc Bellette – Education and Professional Development Manager
Australian Institute for Disaster Resilience
+61 3 9418 5239 +61 400 965 654