27 - 28 August 2019 - Brisbane Airport Conference Centre
This interactive forum between industry and university representatives will focus on knowledge sharing relating to a number of INDUSTRY DRIVEN INNOVATION PROJECTS including:
- An update on projects updates approved as part of the Australian Power Institute (API) & Energy Networks Australia Asset Management Committee Innovation Framework.
- Sharing of current outcomes and learnings between innovation project teams to identify synergies between projects (and also avoid duplication between projects).
- Providing forum to identify potential improvement opportunities through review by other industry and university representatives
- Promotion of university research capabilities to industry (particularly through participation and exhibition).
2018 API/ENA INNOVATION PROJECTS:
MANAGEMENT OF VOLTAGES IN LV NETWORKS - Aims to develop a flexible modelling tool for LV networks using network data readily available within the associated distribution network service providers (DNSPs).
CONDUCTOR CONDITION MONITORING - Investigates how to effectively monitor and assess the condition of overhead conductors for improved asset management in Australian distribution networks.
QUANTIFYING EXTREME BUSHFIRE CONSEQUENCES - Aims to identify a standardised method for accurately assessing the potential costs of a bushfire by combining fire simulations with economic and decision analyses.
SOLAR ENABLEMENT INITIATIVE (SEI) - Trials a new state estimation algorithm that estimates the networks’ operational conditions in seven medium voltage distribution feeders in QLD, VIC, TAS to increase penetration of PV.
UQ TRANSFORMER INNOVATION CENTRE (TIC) - Focuses on the asset management of power transformers in the modern electrical network while applying innovative research and industry experience to assist members' operations.
VENUE & ACCOMODATION:
The Brisbane Airport Conference Centre is a 5 minute walk from the Brisbane Domestic Airport and both of the 2 accommodation options.
This summit provides an excellent opportunity to for Universities to showcase their capabilities, share the latest research & development achievements and to network with both Universities and Industry across Australia. By booking an exhibition booth, you can:
- Raise your university profile by showing dedication to the Energy Industry
- Reinforce university credentials as a key player in education
- Stimulate discussion and extend thinking on current issues
- Reach attendees in a variety of roles
- Publicise your research achievements and promote your university
- Reinforce relationships with existing industry partners and develop new contacts
- Discover the current trends and challenges and how your university can meet them
Exhibition Booth Cost: $1,000 + GST (Includes 1x Registration & Conference Dinner_
Included in the exhibition package: 3x 2.4m high black fabric walls (3m back wall x 1m sides - velcro & screw compatible), 1x trestle table with cloth cover, 1x chair, LED arm light, 1x power point andcCarpet tiles. *Additional or upgraded furniture can be organised at exhibitors expense.
Limited number of booths available due to the function space. If interested in booking, please submit exhibition registration form to secure your booth position by 19 July 2019.
ATTENDEE REGISTRATION: Registration closing date 19 July 2019. Visit https://purelycreative.currinda.com/register/event/1180 to register.
CONFERENCE ORGANISER: Kendall Klingaman
TECHNICAL INQUIRIES: Mike Griffin (API Chief Executive)